The Erasmus Student Network [ESN] is the biggest student association in Europe. It was founded on the 16th October 1989 and legally registered in 1990 for supporting and developing student exchange.
We are present in more than 430 Higher Education Institutions from 36 countries. The network is constantly developing and expanding. We have around 13.500 active members that are in many sections supported by so called Buddies mainly taking care of international students. Thus, ESN involves around 29.000 young people offering its services to around 180.000 international students every year.
The vision and mission of Erasmus Student Network were discussed and approved at the Annual General Meeting in Utrecht in March 2009.
Enrichment of society through international students.
ESN is the key volunteer student organization in international higher education in Europe. We provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students.
The values of Erasmus Student Network that all members stand and work for are:
- unity in diversity
- diversity in the unity [we all have different backgrounds, but share one common aim and goal]
- students helping students [we passionately commit ourselves to volunteering for the benefits of others]
- fun in friendship and respect [we enjoy relations based on respect]
- international dimension of life [we are open-minded, mobile, like to discover and explore, to co-operate and to interact to break borders]
- love for Europe as an area of peace and cultural exchange [we live and benefit from the cultural richness of Europe to the utmost]
- openness with tolerance [we understand and accept others and learn from them]
- cooperation in the integration [we share an holistic view towards internationality]
Erasmus Student Network AISBL
Rue Hydraulique / Waterkrachtstraat 15
B-1210 Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode / Sint-Jost-ten-Node
Phone: +32 (0) 22 567 427
Mobile: +32 (0) 475 612 677