What's in it for the Foreign students?
All International students benefit primarily from all the help they get settling in. The first few weeks are known to be the hardest for any foreign student, facing a different country, language, new habits. On the other hand, having a Buddy may be of some help in terms of making friends in the local student community. Remember that theBuddy is just a volunteer, so don’t treat him/her like your subordinate, you should treat your buddy with respect. It would be polite from you to invite your buddy for some ESN activities later on.
The matching process happens in the first days of August for the first semester and the first days of January for the second semester. Every erasmus and international student accepted by our International Office and UA_intercultural is automatically enrolled in this program! If you haven't received a buddy after these days, please contact us at email@example.com
What to expect from your buddy?
- To be a secure source of information before your arrival (and after!);
- Take you to the International Office (University), ESN Office, CLAIM, UA_i;
- Give you the Erasmus Welcome Kit;
- Help you to finding accommodation;
- Leading you in a tour through the city;
- Helping you when you need to take medical assistance or to open a bank account;
- Be your friend.
It is also important to remind you that we have a Facebook group where you can make all the questions and have a quick answer, as well as notifications about the future events from ESN or happening in the city: [ESN Aveiro] Erasmus 2019/2020
Careful with the FAKE GROUPS made by imobiliary and sales agencies!